The Huobi group have officially announced the 8 members of the Huobi Chain Expert Advisory Committee, with Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg’s elder sister, Randi Zuckberg named as one of the eight. According to the press release, the 8 members are as follows:
- Steve Hoffman, “Silicon Valley Start-up Godfather”
- Xiaolei Liu, Professor of Finance and Accounting & Director of Blockchain Lab at Guanghua School of Management in Peking University
- Ooi Beng Chin, Fellow of Singapore National Academy of Science (SNAS) and Distinguished Professor of Computer Science at National University of Singapore (NUS)
- Don Tapscott, CEO of Tapscott Group and “Father of the Digital Economy”
- Jeffrey Wernick, early investor of Airbnb, Uber and Bitcoin
- Lon Wong, Founder & CEO of ProximaX
- Jihan Wu, Co-founder & Co-CEO of Bitmain
- Randi Zuckerberg, Founder & CEO of Zuckberg Media, Former Senior Executive of Facebook
Huobi launched the Huobi Chain Project back in June, with the company saying at the time, “The Huobi Chain Project will provide individuals and organizations with a reliable financial protocol for value exchange, fundraising, securitization and more. While both private and public chains are decentralized peer-to-peer networks, the network within public chains is entirely open, so anyone can join and participate.” The firm is now looking to make steps forward with the project, and is hoping that the likes of Zuckerberg, who has plenty of blockchain experience from her time at Facebook, will be able to make a significant contribution.
Meanwhile there is the possibility that Huobi are looking to go public with an IPO. As we reported right here on Bitrazzi today (28th August 2018), “The reports coming in from Singapore and beyond are that Huobi – or, more specifically, Huobi group Chairman Li Lin – are set to receive a transfer of more than 221 million shares in Pantronics Holdings Ltd. This would see Lin become 73.73% owner and majority shareholder in the firm. You can check out the share disclosure here. At around $0.35 USD per share, the total transfer amounts to roughly $77 million.”
Huobi commands a 24-hour trading volume of well in excess of $500 million, making it one of the biggest five crypto exchanges on the planet. The Huobi token, which is currently trading up at $2.33 in the wake of this potential announcement, has a market cap of just over $116 million.
Image Credit: ZuckerbergMedia